Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Life in the fast Lane




So many times people get caught up in the "fast lane" mode. They are constantly going going going, rushing to work, back home to do bills, back to school, then home for some homework. Not often these days do people slow down. They speed through life forgetting to look around.

This weekend I have the opportunity to spend it with my Great Aunt Delores, and my Grandmother's Husband Claire. Both of which are in their 80's and still very alive, but life moves slower for them. Today I help cook a dinner. I haven't done that in ages. I also sat down to read a frivolous book. One that wasn't required for work or school. I even took a cat nap. At first it was frustrating to slow down, to not have anything to do, but then with a different look I'm learning to love it. I can't wait for the relaxation and adventures that are to come over the next couple of days. Because life needs a refresher course and this is mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

This blog is for nothing more but random parts of my life to be published and made known to all who are interested

About Me

My photo
I am young. I like going to school, but I hate waking up to get there on time. I plan on going into culinary arts. I love my dogs. I don't eat the color BLUE. I have a big heart, but am straight forward, blunt, and brutally honest. I am a people person but love my alone time. I like to paint, but don't do it often. My personality color is red, meaning am a natural leader and can get quite bossy. I am stubborn, and believe in the use of logic, but believe that sometimes one must follow their heart and not their brains. There is plenty more to know about me.

Followers

Flickr

Labels